Here are some of our favorite photos from the trip (each photo is a thumbnail linked to a higher quality picture.):
1) We didn't take many photos on this trip and none before we got to Florida so the drive east and our visit with friends in Santa Fe didn't get photographically recorded. As soon as we arrived in FL we immediately went out to get a COVID test since didn't want to bring the virus as a visiting gift. The testing was free and relatively quick. Getting the results, on the other hand, took nearly two weeks so it turned out getting the test didn't do us any good.
2) Alan's parents Brenda and Harvey have a daily routine of watching the sunset every evening. We had a good one while we were visiting!
3) Brenda had always wanted to try paddleboarding and outdoor activity was a safe way to get out of the house during "Safe at home" restrictions so we borrowed cousin Michelle's paddleboards so Jonna and Brenda could try it out.
4) Meanwhile, Harvey and Alan borrowed a kayak in order to join in with the paddling.
5) After our water adventures, cousin Michelle and her family invited us to join them for lunch. An amazing ice cream and chocolate desert was made but didn't *quite* get enough time in the freezer before we all dug in. It was a little melted but still quite tasty!
6) Our final stop, before leaving Florida, was at cousin Rusty's farm to visit with he and his wife Robin. We went for a short hike around the expansive property, toured the barn(s) and visited on their deck. An excellent send-off.
7) Again we didn't take any photos when we visited with friends in Atlanta but did get a shot with friends Wes and Susan's beautiful hilltop home just outside Pigeon Forge. They invited us for a yummy lunch and visiting in the shade of their drive-through garage looking onto their equally beautiful back yard where we were entertained by dozens of wild birds and some squirrels which braved their dogs to raid the bird feeders.
Return to Alan and Jonna's Travel Page
Return to Alan's Home Page